- Chicken meat: de-boned thighs are good, cut into chunks, breast meat is a bit drier (again cut up), wings are good whole.
- Paprika – lots, really lots – like at least a tablespoon per person
- Chilli or cayenne pepper (flakes tend to fall off)
- Mixed herbs – again, lots
- Salt & pepper
- Garlic if you like
- Other spices if you like
- Oil – sunflower with a bit of olive if you like
Wash the chicken (helps to get rid of any bacteria) and cut it into chunks if you are going to do that. Mix the spices etc together in a big bowl and then roll the chicken around in the mixture so that it is coated all over. If you can do this half an hour in advance of cooking it’s good.
If you are using chunks of meat it’s best cooked in a frying pan – heat oil in the pan and fry up for about 8 mins, turning occasionally.
If you are using wings (or thighs/drumsticks) you need to cook it in the oven. Heat oven to 200 C and when it is hot put the oil into a baking tray, add the meat, and cook in the oven for about 15 mins for wings, maybe 25 for larger pieces.
This goes well with sweet potato chips, and a steamed green vegetable (if you have stir fried veg everything is a bit oily).